7 Good Reasons to eat dates everyday
- 1 Energy
- The ideal energetic snack for all: children, adults and sportmen.
- 2 Rich in Fiber
- Dates promote the digestion and the reduction of the bad cholesterol.
Dates are richer in fiber than plums, dry apricots and raisins.
- 3 Source of Potassium
- The richness in potassium of dates (670 mg per 100 g) is beneficial for the sportsmen (muscular contractions) and the elderly to maintain a healthy nervous system.
- 4 Rich in Antioxydants
- Dates help to neutralize free radicals present in the human body.
Dates have the strongest concentration of antioxidants (polyphenols and caratenoïdes) among dried fruits.
- 5 Source of Mangesium
- The richeness in magnesium of dates (58 mg per 100 g) protects the bone density.
- 6 Cholesterol Free, Fat Free, Gluten Free, Colorants Free, Sulfite Free.
- 7 Rich in Vitamins B (B2, B3, B5, B6)
- The substantial vitamin profile of dates contributes to maintain a healthy body.
- Potassium (650 mg / 100 g)
- Phosphorus (70 mg / 100 g)
- Calcium (68 mg / 100 g)
- Iron (2 mg / 100 g)
- Magnesium (59 mg / 100 g)
- Zinc (0,3 mg / 100 g)
- Thiamine (B1) (0,08 mg / 100 g)
- Riboflavin (0,4 mg / 100 g)
- Niacin (2,9 mg / 100 g)
- Vitamin A (7 u / 100 g)
- Folic Acid (21 u / 100 g)
|NUTRITION INFORMATION||per 100 g|
|Energy||1178 kJ /282 kcal||(14%*)|
|of which saturates:||0,1 g||(0%*)|
|of which sugars:||63 g||(70%*)|
*Reference intake for an average adult (8400 KJ / 2000 kcal)